The Ottawa Equestrian Tournaments at Wesley Clover Parks have returned Ottawa show jumping to its prime. Between 1999 and 2003, the former week-long Capital Classic featured 700 horses, attracted 20,000 attendees, and received front page editorial coverage in both Ottawa daily newspapers. The 2015 inaugural Ottawa International Horse Show, produced and hosted by Wesley Clover Parks, achieved sold out stabling, hosting 400 horses and over 8,000 visitors. The show received rave reviews from both competitors and visitors while achieving significant local and national editorial coverage. With expanded and enhanced modern stabling facilities the 2018 Ottawa Equestrian Tournaments achieved sold out stabling all three weeks, inviting over 1,500 horses and 20,000 visitors!
World Class Equestrian Facilities:
Wesley Clover Parks boasts a world-class grand prix field, one of a rare few international-level grass jumping arenas in Canada, comparable to Calgary’s iconic Spruce Meadows. Continuous upgrades to park infrastructure include construction of new international quality all-weather rings and significant upgrades and expansion to the existing main stable buildings. Future plans include a new community building that will create space for community gatherings of all kinds, while also providing permanent seating and facilities for equestrian tournaments. Wesley Clover Parks is home to the Ian Millar School of Horsemanship, and WCP Equestrian. With the equestrian park at its core, the expanded operations at Wesley Clover Parks ensure a broader attraction that showcases equestrianism to a wider and more diverse audience.
In 2017 the Ottawa Equestrian Tournaments awarded over $350,000 in prize money, and hosted more than 1,600 horses over three weeks.
Download the 2017 Ottawa National & International Program.
Rewatch the $100,000 FEI Grand Prix.
Results from the 2017 Ottawa Equestrian Tournaments are available through Equestrian Management Group.
Photos from the 2017 Ottawa Equestrian Tournaments are available through our official photographers:
- Ottawa Welcome Horse Show – Orange Horse Studio
- Ottawa National Horse Show – Ben Radvanyi & Cealy Tetley
- Ottawa International CSI3* Horse Show – Ben Radvanyi
Celebration of the Horse:
Amber Marshall, star of CBC’s award-winning series, Heartland, headlined a weekend of family-friendly events in her first public appearance in the nation’s capital in over a decade during the 2017 Ottawa National Horse Show. Marshall’s special guest appearance was part of the Ottawa National and International Horse Shows’ “Celebration of the Horse”, held in conjunction with Ontario 150 festivities taking place around the province. The tournaments also offered a fair like experience with bouncy castles and slides, face painters, balloon and glitter artists, children’s jumps, pony rides, and much more!
Funded in part by the Government of Ontario.
Photos by Jump Media
2018 Press Releases:
- July 22, 2018: Jonathon Millar Concludes CSI3* Ottawa International Horse Show with $15,000 Grand Prix Win
- July 21, 2018: Hugh Graham Does it Again in $132,000 Grand Prix at CSI3* Ottawa International Horse Show
- July 20, 2018: Sam Walker Sweeps $10,000 Under 25 Grand Prix
- July 19, 2018: Ireland’s Jordan Coyle Claims $35,500 RBC Capital Classic at CSI3* Ottawa International Horse Show
- July 18, 2018: Karen Sparks Opens Ottawa International Horse Show With a Win
- July 15, 2018: Ireland’s Jordan Coyle Races to Victory in Ottawa Speed Derby
- July 14, 2018: Hugh Graham Check Into $50,000 Brookstreet Hotel Grand Prix
- July 13, 2018: Grass Roots to Grand Prix: Wesley Clover Parks’ Canadian Equestrian Pipeline
- July 12, 2018: Keean White Receives Warm Welcome at Ottawa National Horse Show
- July 11, 2018: Ten-Time Olympian Ian Millar Opens Ottawa Horse Show with a Win
- June 29, 2018: International Show Jumping Returns to the Nation’s Capital
- April 4, 2018: Ottawa Welcome Horse Show Doubles Grand Prix Prize Money for 2018
2017 Press Releases:
- July 23, 2017: Ireland’s Daniel Coyle Dominates $35,000 AECON Jumper Classic at Ottawa International
- July 22, 2017: Lucy Deslauriers Wins $100,000 CSI3* Grand Prix at Ottawa International
- July 21, 2017: Ireland’s Daniel Coyle Wins at CSI3* Ottawa International Horse Show
- July 20, 2017: Lucy Deslauriers Wins $40,000 RBC Welcome at CSI3* Ottawa International
- July 19, 2017: CSI3* Ottawa International Horse Show Highlights
- July 16, 2017: Canadian Beth Underhill Wins $50,000 Brookstreet Grand Prix
- July 15, 2017: Kelly Soleau-Millar Blazes to Victory in Ottawa Speed Derby
- July 14, 2017: Francois Lamontange Defends Title at Ottawa National Horse Show
- July 13, 2017: Off-the-Track Thoroughbred Tops Open Jumpers at Ottawa National Horse Show
- July 12, 2017: Ottawa National Horse Show Underway at Wesley Clover Parks
- July 11, 2017: Ottawa Horse Show Highlights
- June 27, 2017: Amber Marshall Headlines Family Friendly Events at Ottawa Horse Show