Back in 2019, Wesley Clover Parks presents the Ottawa Horse Trials! Similar to a triathalon, eventing (or horse trials) is a sport that features three very different disciplines – dressage, cross country, and show jumping. With infrastructure to support all three of these disciplines, we hope to continue to grow eventing in the Ottawa area. Join us as a competitor, or learn more about this unique and exciting sport as a spectator!
Calling all volunteers! Wesley Clover Parks is looking for eager volunteers to assist as runners and cross country jump judges, among other important roles! If you are interested in volunteering please email [email protected] with your availability.
Entries: I/P – $260, P – $250, T – $230, PT – $210, E- $195, PE – $175.
HST, drug, ambulance, and OEA levy included in entry. All levels please add $15 CE Levy. Late fee of $30 for any entry received after closing date (CD).
- Mail entries to: 401 Corkstown Road, Ottawa, ON K2H 8T1
- Email entries to: [email protected]
Registration: A copy of all current memberships must accompany entry form. Stabling & Camping Request must accompany entries when applicable. Email copies preferred. Please indicate SR, JR, U25 or Open division on your entry form. Cheques made payable to: Wesley Clover Parks. Visa or Mastercard payments can be made over phone once entry is confirmed. Debit payments accepted on-site, No e-transfers. Please include an email address on your entry form as all communications will be electronic.
Refunds: Before CD, less $30 admin fee with medical or vet’s certificate. No refunds after CD.
Time Schedule: Start times available online September 5
- Friday, September 6: office opens at noon, XC open for walking at 3:00pm
- Saturday, September 7: Dressage & Cross Country
- Sunday, September 8: Stadium in reverse order of standing.
Officials: TD: Sue Ockendon; CD: Jay Hambly; CB: Duncan Oswald; SJ CD: Tracy Howard; Judges/GJ: TBA
Stabling: Copy of a negative coggins test is required; $60/day incl. HST or $125/weekend incl. HST (FRI-SUN). Hay and shavings available by advance purchase only please indicate on stabling request form.
Dressage: (2016 EC Eventing Tests)
- I/P: 3* B; P: Test #2
- T: Test #2
- PT: Test #2
- E: Test #2
- PE: Entry Test #2.
- Arenas: P – 20 x 60 T, PT, E & PE – 20 x 40m. All weather show rings and warm up.
- P- 2800m @ 520mpm
- T- 2200m @ 450mpm
- PT – 1900m @ 400mpm
- E 1500m @ 350mpm
- PE – [email protected]
- Terrain: Good galloping courses on superb footing. New fences.
Awards: Ribbons to 10th. Prizes to winners in all divisions.
Golf Carts: 2 and 4 seat golf cart rentals are available, to book a cart please download the Golf Cart Rental Form.
- Brookstreet Hotel: 525 Legget Dr Ottawa, (613) 271-1800
- Wesley Clover Parks Campground: 411 Corkstown Road 613-828-6632. All individuals wishing to camp on-site must be booked through secretary @ $50/night.
Miscellaneous Competitor Information:
- Vet, farrier, medic and food services available on grounds
- Stadium schooling $25 per round, Friday September 6, 1:00pm -sign-up through show secretary when entry is made, multiple rounds permitted.
- BBQ Saturday evening, complimentary for competitors! Additional BBQ tickets available for purchase.
Saturday, September 8th: Dressage & Cross Country
Sunday, September 9th: Stadium Jumping in reverse order of standing
Admission: Spectator admission is free of charge!
Location & Parking: 401 Corkstown Road, Ottawa, ON K2H 8T1
Wesley Clover Parks is conveniently located in Ottawa’s west-end. 401 Corkstown Road can be accessed from both the Moodie Drive and March Road exits just west of the junction of the 416 and 417 highways. Please enter through the event entrance (East of the main entrance) and park in the designated parking area.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase on site. You are also welcome to bring food with you, we recommend packing a water bottle!
- You are welcome to bring lawn chairs, but please stay a safe distance away from the side of the rings.
- Please keep in mind that this a rural site. We do our best to make the rural terrain accessible to all. If you have questions about accessibility please contact [email protected].
Dogs are permitted on site, and must stay on leash at all times.