Magic of Lights Ottawa is delivering holiday cheer for the 8th season with the return of the dazzling annual drive-through light show benefitting children, youth and families at CHEO!
Magic of Lights is a dazzling family friendly drive-through holiday lights experience! The 2km route illuminated by over two million lights will be back at the Wesley Clover Parks Campground located in Ottawa’s west-end from November 17th, 2023 through January 6th, 2023.
Find tickets to this season’s event here, and continue scrolling for more information about tickets, location and FAQs.
Mark Motors Group “Holiday Pit Stop”
Back for a second season, Magic of Lights Ottawa will feature the Mark Motors Group “Holiday Pit Stop” now conveniently located at the end of the Magic of Lights Route! Guests are invited to park and explore this winter village complete with and an illuminated walk-through forest trail, Instagram-worthy displays, photos with Santa, and classic Canadian treats from BeaverTails! Plus, visitors can stop by the letter writing station and drop their letters to Santa in the enchanted mailbox presented by MOVE 100.
Illuminated walk-through trail & Instagram worthy displays
Professional photos with Santa
Letter writing station
The Magic of Lights experience wouldn’t be complete without holiday classics to sing along to, Ottawa’s Christmas music station and founding event partner MOVE 100 will help visitors get into the holiday spirit and offer opportunities to win tickets. Tune into MOVE 100 to get into the holiday spirit on your way to Magic of Lights!
Giving back to the community is at the core of Wesley Clover Parks’ guiding principles, and it has been an honour to witness the good that is being done with the funds raised at Magic of Lights. Since first coming to Ottawa, Magic of Lights has donated more than $250,000 to local charities. A cause close to many in the National Capital Region, Magic of Lights Ottawa will once again raise funds for the CHEO Foundation. Donations help fuel the work being done by CHEO doctors, nurses, healthcare staff and researchers on the front lines of pediatric care.
Tiered ticket pricing offers a discount on “weekday” tickets valid for use on Monday – Thursday through the run of the show (1 time use). Our “any day” option offers flexibility with the ability to use this ticket any day of the week during the run of show (1 time use).
Weekday and weekend hours will be in place until December 7th.
- Monday – Thursday: 5PM – 9PM (5PM – 10PM after December 7th)
- Friday – Sunday: 5PM – 10PM
As in previous years, Magic of Lights will offer online ticket sales and encourage guests to take advantage of savings by purchasing their tickets in advance online. With tickets sold by the vehicle Magic of Lights offers an affordable outing for families, friends and corporate groups, tickets are now available at www.magicoflights.com/ottawa.
- What is a standard vehicle size?
- Any vehicle (including SUVs & Minivans) with 3 rows of seating or less is considered a standard vehicle. All guests in the vehicle must have their own seatbelt.
- Vehicle passes purchased online:
- If you have purchased your vehicle pass in advance online, you must present your pass at the gate. We cannot lookup lost or missing passes. You can present a printed pass or pass/receipt on a mobile phone.
- What is the refund policy?
- All sales are final and promotions and discounts cannot be added retroactively.
- Vehicle pass usage:
- One vehicle pass is valid for 1 visit through Magic of Lights. “Weekday” tickets are only valid for use on Monday – Thursday, please check the ticket type you have selected prior to completing your purchase.
- Are group discounts offered?
- Yes! Please email [email protected] for more information.
- How do I sign up for discounts and specials?
- Fill in the sign up form on www.magicoflights.com.
- Will the event close during inclement weather?
- We will do our best to notify the public as quickly as possible if we must close due to bad weather conditions. Alerts and notifications will be posted here if the event is closed due to unforeseen circumstances or inclement weather.
- Can I leave my car?
- For your safety and the safety of other patrons please remain inside your vehicle while on driving through the Magic of Lights route.
- Do I need to turn off my headlights?
- Yes, please turn off your headlights when you drive through the Magic of Lights display. If you cannot turn your lights off, please turn your lights on dim.
- Safety tips while driving through Magic of Lights:
- Please do not tailgate the vehicle in front of you. Keep a safe distance, as cars in front of you may stop suddenly. Be alert of slow or stopped vehicles.
- All guests in the vehicle must have their own seatbelt. No passengers are permitted in the back of pickup trucks.
- Follow local traffic safety laws.
- Please remember to turn your headlights back on when exiting the Magic of Lights.
- Can I have my dog in the car?
- Yes, dogs are permitted to participate as long as they stay in the vehicle.