Magic of Lights Ottawa is delivering holiday cheer for the seventh season with the return of the dazzling annual drive-through light show benefitting children, youth and families at CHEO!
New this year, Magic of Lights Ottawa will feature the Mark Motors Group “Holiday Pit Stop” where guests will be invited to park, explore our winter wonderland, and take pictures before moving on to the Magic of Lights route. Here you can expect Instagram-worthy displays intended for snapping the perfect holiday photo including a WALK-THROUGH light tunnel! Pit Stop lights will be on from 5pm – 9pm all season, plus Beavertails will on site weekly from Thursday – Sunday.
Visiting the Holiday Pit Stop:
- A ticket to Magic of Lights is required to visit the Pit Stop.
- To access the Pit Stop you must enter Wesley Clover Parks at 401 Corkstown Road. This entrance is a 1.5km drive EAST of the Magic of Lights entrance. Find the entrance on Google Maps here.
- Once you have entered the Pit Stop you must continue West towards Magic of Lights to get back to Corkstown Road, you will not be able to use the entrance to leave.
- Pit Stop lights will be on every night from 5pm – 9pm.
- Beavertails will open THURSDAY – SUNDAY from 5pm – 9pm. These dates are subject to change without notice. Cash and credit card payment accepted, available while supplies last.
Magic of Lights is a dazzling family friendly drive-through holiday lights experience! The two-kilometer route illuminated by nearly one million lights will be back at the Wesley Clover Parks Campground located in Ottawa’s west-end from November 18th, 2022 through January 7th, 2023.
Those that have made Magic of Lights an annual tradition can expect to see fan favourites like the Enchanting Tunnel of Lights and 40-foot Mega Tree in addition to new scenes that are sure to capture everyone’s attention including Prehistoric Christmas, Big Foot Monster Truck, and a Barbie holiday light display!
Drop a letter to Santa in our Enchanted Mailbox presented by Giant Tiger! Fast tracking letters to the North Pole until December 24th!
Experience Magic of Lights from the comfort and safety of your own car as you wind through the sparkling path of Ottawa’s favorite holiday tradition. One carload, one price. Find tickets and additional information on about this season’s event here, and continue scrolling for more information about tickets, location and FAQs.
New tiered ticket pricing offers a discount on “weekday” tickets valid for use on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday through the run of the show (1 time use). Our “any day” option offers flexibility with the ability to use this ticket any day of the week during the run of show (1 time use).
As in previous years, Magic of Lights will offer online ticket sales and encourage guests to take advantage of savings by purchasing their tickets in advance online, allowing for a contactless ticketing experience. With tickets sold by the vehicle Magic of Lights offers an affordable outing for families, friends and corporate groups, tickets are now available at the lowest price of the season at www.magicoflights.com/ottawa with prices increasing on December 2nd.
- What is a standard vehicle size?
- Any vehicle (including SUVs & Minivans) with 3 rows of seating or less is considered a standard vehicle. All guests in the vehicle must have their own seatbelt.
- Vehicle passes purchased online:
- If you have purchased your vehicle pass in advance online, you must present your pass at the gate. We cannot lookup lost or missing passes. You can present a printed pass or pass/receipt on a mobile phone.
- What is the refund policy?
- All sales are final and promotions and discounts cannot be added retroactively. Tickets are valid any day during the open season.
- Vehicle pass usage:
- One vehicle pass is valid for 1 visit through Magic of Lights. “Weekday” tickets are only valid for use on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, please check the ticket type you have selected prior to completing your purchase.
- Are group discounts offered?
- Yes! Please email [email protected] for more information.
- How do I sign up for discounts and specials?
- Fill in the sign up form on www.magicoflights.com.
- Will the event close during inclement weather?
- We will do our best to notify the public as quickly as possible if we must close due to bad weather conditions. Alerts and notifications will be posted here if the event is closed due to unforeseen circumstances or inclement weather.
- Can I leave my car?
- For your safety and the safety of other patrons please remain inside your vehicle while on driving through the Magic of Lights route.
- Do I need to turn off my headlights?
- Yes, please turn off your headlights when you drive through the Magic of Lights display. If you cannot turn your lights off, please turn your lights on dim.
- Safety tips while driving through Magic of Lights:
- Please do not tailgate the vehicle in front of you. Keep a safe distance, as cars in front of you may stop suddenly. Be alert of slow or stopped vehicles.
- All guests in the vehicle must have their own seatbelt. No passengers are permitted in the back of pickup trucks.
- Follow local traffic safety laws.
- Please remember to turn your headlights back on when exiting the Magic of Lights.
- Can I have my dog in the car?
- Yes, dogs are permitted to participate as long as they stay in the vehicle.